Analysis of Responses to the ‘Priorities for Youth’ Consultation (Youth Council for Northern Ireland) 2008-2009
Commissioned by the Youth Council for Northern Ireland, with Siobhán McAlister, this project analysed responses from children and young people, youth work volunteers, youth workers, and youth service managers to the Department of Education Priorities for Youth consultation questionnaire. A comprehensive report outlined the extensive range of consultation responses received and feedback was provided to the Department via a presentation to senior civil servants.
- Report: Haydon, D. and McAlister, S. (2009) An Independent Analysis of Responses to the Department of Education’s ‘Priorities For Youth’ Consultation, May 2009, Bangor: Department of Education NI Link to document
- Presentation, with Siobhán McAlister: Priorities for Youth Consultation. Key Findings and Recommendations. Independent analysis carried out by Deena Haydon and Siobhán McAlister, Department of Education, Bangor, Northern Ireland (2009)
Evaluation of Play Advocacy Programme (PlayBoard) 2010-2016
With Siobhán McAlister and Phil Scraton, this commission to conduct an evaluation of PlayBoard’s ‘Play Advocacy Programme’ was conducted in two phases. Phase 1 (September 2010 to January 2013) included action research with the Play Advocacy Programme team; training and supporting staff; carrying out interviews and focus groups with key stakeholders; producing Interim and Final Reports. During Phase 2 (August 2013 to April 2016) on-going support was provided to staff, key stakeholders were interviewed about the perceived impacts of the Programme, and a Final Reportwas produced.
- Report: McAlister, S., Haydon, D. and Scraton, P. (2011) Formative Evaluation of PlayBoard’s Play Advocacy Programme: Phase 1 (January 2010 – June 2012). Interim Report, Belfast: Childhood, Transition and Social Justice Initiative, QUB Link to document
- Report: McAlister, S., Haydon, D. and Scraton, P. (2013) Formative Evaluation of PlayBoard’s Play Advocacy Programme: Phase 1 (January 2010 – June 2012). Final Report, Belfast: Childhood, Transition and Social Justice Initiative, QUB Link to document
- Report: Haydon, D., McAlister, S. and Scraton, P. (2016) PlayBoard NI Play Advocacy Programme: Phase 2 Evaluation (October 2012 – September 2015). Final Report, Belfast: Childhood, Transition and Social Justice Initiative, QUB Link to document
Youth Provision in the Upper Springfield Area of West Belfast (2015)
As part of a project identifying the needs of young people in its neighbourhood, work with the Upper Springfield Development Trust included facilitation of a focus group with youth workers and feedback on a draft report intended to inform development of youth provision in the area.