The Rights of Detained Children in the UK, 2018-
International presentations and an article about detained children in the UK include:
- Presentation: ‘Detained children and young people in the UK’, Nordic Researchers Working Group ‘Confinement of Youth’ Seminar, University of Tampere, Finland (2018)
- Presentation: ‘The Experiences of Detained Children and Young People in the UK’, three-week Deaths in Controversial Circumstances Symposium, University of Sydney, Australia (2018)
- Presentation: ‘Detained children in the UK: vulnerability, violence and violation of rights’, State Violence: Interdisciplinary Seminar, Macquarie University, Sydney, Australia (2018)
- Article: Haydon, D. (2020) ‘Detained children in the UK: vulnerability, violence and violation of rights’, in Special Issue: State Violence: Practices and Responses for the International Journal for Crime, Justice and Social Democracy, Vol. 9, No. 4, December 2020, pp16-30, https://doi.org/10.5204/ijcjsd.1687 Link to document
- Video: Issues raised by young people deprived of their liberty in the Rights Here, Right Now Children and Young People’s Report submitted to the UN Committee on the Rights of the Child in December 2022.
Available at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Ys7DsOAMJU