Developing Child Rights Indicators (Save the Children NI) 2006-2007
While part-time Policy and Strategy Adviser at Save the Children NI, I developed an overview of the child rights work undertaken by Save the Children in the Southern Area and with the Children and Young People’s Unit of OFMDFM (including interviews with key partners); facilitated a three-day workshop for representatives from Save the Children Northern Ireland, UK, Norway and Palestine to consider development of child rights indicators; presented at an international conference; developed guidance for Save the Children UK; and was invited by the Scottish Alliance for Children’s Rights to discuss this work with a range of organisations in Scotland.
- Report: Haydon, D. (2007) ‘Child Rights Indicators’ Workshop Report, Belfast: Save the Children NI
- Workshop: ‘The Need for Child Rights Indicators: how to measure whether government is effectively delivering on its children’s rights obligations’, ‘Child Indicators: Diverse Approaches to a Shared Goal’ Conference, International Society for Child Indicators, Chicago, USA (2007)
- Guidance and Framework: structural/ process/ outcome indicators related to UNCRC Articles for Save the Children UK (2007)
- Workshop: ‘Child Rights Indicators’ for the Scottish Alliance for Children’s Rights, involving representatives from Scottish Government departments, the Scottish Commissioner for Children and Young People, local authorities, NGOs, youth-led organisations, Scottish Equality and Human Rights Commission, Edinburgh, Scotland (2008)
Child Rights Indicators Linked to Priorities in the 2008-2011 Regional Children’s Services Plan, 2008-2009
With the Regional Outcomes Group (including Children’s Services Planners/ Information Officers and representatives from OFMDFM and the Department of Education), this work focused on developing a set of child rights indicators linked to priorities in the 2008-2011 Regional Children’s Services Plan; potential sources of information for each indicator; qualitative information required and existing relevant research.
- Report: Haydon, D. (2009) Developing Rights Based Indicators Linked to the Priorities in the 2008-2011 Regional Children’s Services Plan, Belfast: Regional Outcomes Group, CYPSP Link to document
- Presentation: ‘Development of Child Rights Based Indicators Linked to Outcomes’ at Integrated Outcomes Based Planning for Children and Young People, Seminar 2: Enjoying, Learning and Achieving, Queen’s University Belfast, Northern Ireland (2012)